Surprise improvement in the demand for, and hiring of talent according to October's Professional Staffing Trends data
APSCo Australia’s October Professional Staffing Trends has indicated a surprise improvement in both the demand for, and hiring of talent. There has also been a softening of contractor remuneration with a shifting trend towards permanent placements.
The data has a “positive” feel and with calendar year renewals having commenced in November, it really does feel a bit like Christmas in the professional staffing sector.
The Key Data
- 54% of the market in October were new roles,
- 83% were contractors,
- Days to fill (on average) - a respectable 31.
- ACT continues to show improvement showing 9.6% of market activity.
- Demand for talent across the market improved by 15% with ICT demand a healthy 13%.
- Increases in demand (via advertising data) saw Education & Training improve from 5.9% to 8.0% and advertising by recruiters increasing to 54%. There was also a solid improvement in advertised positions.
- With 14 days as the median for new contracts to be filled and 34 days for permanent roles, the market is returning to a level of normalcy during this last quarter.
- The share of activity and participation favoured national companies with some softening for multi-nationals and boutique.
Thank you to our participating companies for their data input. If you would like to participate and access the interactive dashboard of data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the October Professional Staffing Trends Report in pdf format, please click here