Modern Award Guides
Modern Award Guides (released August 2016) Password protected available to Members (please log in to download) and to purchase through the ITCRA Shop
Modern Awards are a statutory instrument which contain additional entitlements that some Australian employees are entitled to in addition to their statutory and contractual entitlements. They are industry or occupation-based and apply to employees who perform work covered by the Modern Award.
- Modern Awards may apply to "on-hire employees" while engaged in the performance of an Award-covered role for a business (i.e. client or host), regardless of the employment arrangements in place at the host business.
- They do not apply to genuine independent contractors. Whilst the Award references "on-hire employees”, ITCRA Members also refer to them as labour hire contractors or flex-workers. For ease of reference with the Award, they are referred to as “employees” or “on-hire employees” in this guide.
DOWNLOAD THE LATEST GUIDES
NB: Member's will need to be logged in to download. Non-Members can purchase the Guides here
- Professional Employees Award Guide – updated existing guide
- Clerks – Private Sector Award Guide – updated existing guide
- Contract Call Centres Award Guide – updated existing guide
- Banking, Finance and Insurance Award Guide – new guide
- Telecommunications Services Award Guide - new guide.
For more information on the language, the definitions and key characteristics please refer to the Summary Documents above.