Providing meaningful employment for individuals with disabilities
Recently APSCo Australia Directors were privileged to attend an engaging and highly informative presentation outlining some innovative models to consider employing individuals with a disability in the workforce.
The Centre for Positive Behaviour Support (CPBS) recognises that many individuals struggle to find meaningful work and are often expected to work for free through work experience programs, by volunteering or by accessing payment schemes that pay others to give them work.
Through its program, want to show that there are many individuals who can be valued members of the workforce and be paid. All they want is to be a contributing member of society. The Directors were unified in their desire to understand more of how they could be involved as employers and work with CPBS to deliver positive outcomes and agreed we need to spread this concept through our sector.
Sarah McCluskey is an engaging and committed speaker on this subject – Julie and she will address some of the questions asked as well as outline the opportunities and hopefully, have some organisations make a difference. This program is for everyone in business – recruiters, suppliers and your clients.
Subject Matter Presenters:
Sarah Mccluskey, Behaviour Specialist and Provisional Psychologist, Centre of Positive Behaviour Support (CPBS)
Instructions to register for this event
1. If you are a Member please ensure you are logged in so you see the correct pricing for this event.
2. If you are employed by a Member company but do not have a login, please email email@example.com to get one.
3. If you are not a Member and you would like to enquire about Membership please click here
4. Click Register Attendees and enter your email address and click Look Up - this will pre-fill the information we have for you in the database
5. Click Add to Cart and continue to Checkout and click Next
6. IMPORTANT - Click Place Order
On registering for this event you agree to the APSCo Australia Event Terms and Conditions. Read more
About Across the MD's Desk
APSCo Australia’s Across the MD’s Desk webinars are FREE to individuals registered by their companies as participants for APSCo programs, as well as for Certified Recruitment Professionals and those undertaking study for the exam.
The live to air sessions address timely issues and general topics of interest.
Topics are driven by Member questions to the APSCo Assists Advice Line, decisions by courts and regulators, by Certification exam results and the Talent Engagement Standard audit program.