APSCo Australia’s Recruitment Professional Certification Program delivers a self-managed, resource rich, knowledge-based Certification program that empowers consultants to have confidence in their understanding of the complex elements of compliance when managing talent and clients.
The Certification Program is designed to inform and update recruiters throughout their career, from new talent entering the profession through to the more seasoned recruiter - equipping them with the compliance knowledge and support to significantly drive their conversations with clients and candidates to achieve best practice processes to support commercial success.
The resources delivered through the Certification Program enhance and re-inforce onboarding and recruitment skills training and equally act as an excellent refresher for the more established recruiter.
Certification as an APSCo Australia Recruitment Professional sends a strong message to clients, candidates, Government, and regulators that the consultant, and the company they represent, are serious about upholding quality standards, committed to compliance knowledge and are an essential key partner for sourcing, supporting and managing talent.
What is involved?
The APSCo Australia Recruitment Professional Certification Program has identified the key areas of compliance and regulatory change that are the basis of best practice in the engagement of talent.
For the consultant:
There are six areas of study including an essential subject matter reading and additional references including webinar recordings, templates, checklists and other references. The resources have all been developed by legal advisers and reviewed by recruitment professionals. They are revised and updated with changing legislation to ensure certified APSCo Australia Recruitment Professionals have the most current knowledge at their fingertips.
The Certification will be awarded to the consultant following the successful completion of an online open book examination with 50 questions to be completed in 75 minutes. The examination must be completed within SIX months of registration with the Program. The questions are multiple choice or short answer responses and are randomly selected from over two hundred questions in the examination portal – so no two exams are the same.
The Certification Program consists of the following essential subject matter:
• The Australian Workplace Migration System
• Regulation incl Licensing & the APSCo Australia Code of Conduct
• Employment incl Contracts and Modern Awards·
• Equal Employment Opportunity and anti-Discrimination
• Work Health & Safety
• Reference Checking
APSCo Australia supports the consultant’s study for the Certification by providing:
• additional resources as they become available
• alerts when new materials or legislative changes occur
• regular newsletters with sample exam questions, discount events and industry updates
• mentor access for advice and support
APSCo Australia’s Recruitment Professional Certification is a “living” recognition based on legislative and compliance knowledge so there is an annual renewal examination (30 questions) to ensure your knowledge is current. The renewal fee is $110.00 GST inclusive and includes continued access to the readings and legislative updates in order to prepare for the renewal examination.
How do I participate?
As a company:
• Decide on your headcount to be involved in the APSCo Australia Recruitment Professional Certification Program annually (both new consultants and those maintaining status)
• Bulk purchase examinations and allocate accordingly – ensuring your consultants understand the time frames.
• Notify APSCo Australia of the consultants nominated to complete the Certification Program and, more importantly if this changes
• Encourage currently recognised consultants to complete their renewal program to ensure their status remains active.
• purchase an exam that provides access to the essential subject matter and readings, the study support program and to the examination